NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.
1. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by ‘WBND, ABC 57’ (“Sponsor”) whose address is 26 N. Halsted, Chicago, Illinois 60661.
2. ENTRY AND SELECTION OF WINNERS. A purchase is not required to enter or win the Sweepstakes, and a purchase does not increase the odds of winning. The Sweepstakes begins Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 12:00 PM ET and ends Sunday, January 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET unless extended by ‘WBND, ABC57.’ Persons wishing to enter the Sweepstakes may do so at ABC57.com and complete an online form to register for a chance to win four (4) tickets to the 2018 Harlem Globetrotters World Tour on Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 2:00 PM ET at the Purcell Pavilion at Notre Dame (“Prize”). Only one (1) entry per person, per email address, per day will be accepted. Ten (10) Winners will be selected at random from all online entries using a computer software winner selection tool.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to technical/network failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void.
Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor reserves the rights to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by ‘WBND, ABC 57’ in its sole discretion, and ‘WBND, ABC 57’ reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
3. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the South Bend-Elkhart DMA, as defined by Nielsen, and are age 18 years or older. Employees of ‘WBND, ABC 57,’ Weigel Broadcasting Co., the Harlem Globetrotter’s, their advertising agencies, consultants, franchisees, suppliers, (collectively, “Sweepstakes Parties”), family members are not eligible to enter or win. In addition, individuals who share a common household with an employee of a Sweepstakes Party or who are in any kind of domestic relationship or partnership with an employee of a Sweepstakes Party (e.g., boyfriends, girlfriends, fiancé, roommates) are not eligible to enter or win this Sweepstakes. Sponsor shall be the sole judge of what constitutes a domestic relationship or partnership in the event of a dispute. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
4. PRIZE. Ten (10) Winners will each receive four (4) tickets to the 2018 Harlem Globetrotters World Tour on Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 2:00 PM ET at the Purcell Pavilion at Notre Dame, retail value of $160. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible Sweepstakes entries. Winners will be selected and notified beginning Monday, January 15, 2018 to the phone number listed by entrants in their original Sweepstakes submission.
Winners will be selected by way of a computer software winner selection tool from all eligible entries that are received during the Sweepstakes period. Any selected Winner who cannot be contacted and confirmed by 5:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 18, 2018 to confirm their selection after an initial phone call to the phone number listed on their entry will be disqualified, in which case an alternate Winner will be selected by way of a computer software winner selection tool from the remaining eligible entries and the alternate Winner will be notified. The Prize Winners must possess a valid picture ID to claim their Prize.
5. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS AND CONDITIONS. The Prize is non-transferable and must be claimed by the Winner. Prizes may not be exchanged or redeemed for cash, sold, or traded. No prize transfer, assignment, or substitution by Winners is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. By entering, the Winners shall consent to the use of their name, likeness, and/or biographical information for on-air announcements, advertising and promotional purposes related to the Sweepstakes, without additional consideration.
6. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant forever discharges, releases, and holds harmless Sponsor and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of its directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the Sweepstakes, however caused.
Winners will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes. Sponsor will report any individual winnings more than $600 (in cash or fair market value of the goods or services) in a one-year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winners will receive a Form 1099 from Sponsor if Sponsor reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
The Winners will be required to acknowledge, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Letter of Indemnification prior to the receipt of their Prize (except where prohibited). Failure to comply with the rules and conditions of the Sweepstakes may result in a forfeiture of their Prize. Winners must return all requested identification and release forms by 5:00 PM ET on Friday, January 20, 2017. After this time period, the Prize may be revoked and a new Winner may be drawn from all eligible entries.
7. SPONSOR’S RESERVATION OF RIGHTS. These Official Rules are subject to modifications by ‘WBND, ABC 57.’ The decisions made by ‘WBND, ABC 57’ concerning any and all matters with respect to this promotion shall be final. In the event of a computer or telephone failure, or any other circumstances beyond the control of ‘WBND, ABC 57’ that renders the Sweepstakes not capable of completion as planned, including due to force majeure or non-authorized human intervention that comprises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of Sweepstakes, ‘WBND, ABC 57’ may, in its sole and absolute discretion, determine to cancel, terminate, or modify this Sweepstakes, including by determining not to award the planned Prizes or any Prize at all. ‘WBND, ABC 57’ is not responsible for replacing the Prize as a result of events beyond the control of ‘WBND, ABC 57.’
This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited, penalized or otherwise restricted by law. Any attempt by any participant to bypass these rules by the use of alias email addresses, illegitimate identities, registrations or logins, or any other scheme will void that participant's entry/entries and may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. A copy of these official Sweepstakes rules are available at ABC57.com or at ‘WBND, ABC 57’ offices located at 53550 Generations Dr. South Bend, IN or by writing to ‘WBND, ABC 57,’ ‘Harlem Globetrotters 2017- Rules’ 53550 Generations Dr. South Bend, IN 46635.
8. WINNER LIST. Prize Winners’ names will be posted on www.ABC57.com beginning January 19, 2018 and as Winners are confirmed according to the Official Rules, their names will be added to this online Winner list. The list of Winners will be available online until April 1, 2018. If you wish to receive the name of the Sweepstakes Prize Winners, you must send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to ‘WBND, ABC 57,’ ‘WBND, Harlem Globetrotters 2018– Sweepstakes Winners,’ 53550 Generations Dr. South Bend, IN 46635. ‘WBND, ABC 57’ must receive any such request for the Winners’ names no later than April 1, 2018.